2015년 11월 30일 월요일

11/24/15

*What thoughts did you have about the specific things shown in the videos?

→ I was really surprised about teacher's challenge for students. Now, I teach English for teenagers in small institute, I have never tried to teach them by new teaching method. Although they sometime feel tedious, I always let them memorize vocabulary and solve some questions which are for their exam. I know that it is wrong way as a teacher, but I think it is inevitable especially in Korea. Most korean think getting good mark in test is only their purpose and it show their real achievement of their studying. I'm really sorry about that. When I went to abroad to study English, All teacher at school used various kind of class material to help us make sense our lesson like teachers who appeared in videos. After watching video, I turned back my behavior and I wanted to be a special teacher for my students. 


*How have you (or others you know) included these in your teaching?

→ I found only one thing is included in my teaching skill. I'm very glad to know it. It is giving clear instructions. When I teach my students, I use book as teaching material. During lesson, I make them memorize vocabulary by giving specific time. If I don't do that, they lose their concentration and make a noise with their classmates. That's why I always give them exact time and also it help to teach them easier. 


*How might use these in your current or future teaching?

Starting the Lesson with a BangUsing Guessing ActivitiesHandshake Q & A FishbowlDialogue CirclesVoice ProjectionGiving Clear InstructionsTeacher Movement and PositioningUsing Gestures and Nonverbal CommunicationStaying Focused on Teaching and Not Being DistractedDealing with Behavior Issues

→ I think I can't use all of these material for my teaching, but one thing that I really want to try in the future is Handshake Q&A. As soon as I watched that video, I was fond of this teaching way. Because it is helpful to make a close relationship between teacher and student as well as check each students's condition. As a teacher, Communicating with students is also critical thing. That's why I want to educate my students by this method.


*What systems of behavior management/discipline do/will you use in your teaching?

→ When I watch several videos, some teacher in England tried to fix their tone and habit of their speaking. After watching that scenes, I considered that making a gentle voice is also important thing to educate especially for young students. I often shout when I don't listen my speaking and I usually say quite quickly when I explain something to them. So I'm going to make a considerable voice and tone for my students.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기